Monday, February 10, 2014

Love: Lotion Bars


My kitchen is the warmest room in the house. It is also the place I feel least depressed. This is actually yielding some positive results. These super easy lotion bars are one of them! I got this recipe from Wellness Mama and you can find it here

I'll give you the short version because, dudes, it really is easy and takes almost no time to whip up a batch. (And by a batch I mean one silicone mold worth cause that is what I freaking had. They are luckily hearts. All Valentines-y and ergonomic and shit. Score.)

1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup cocoa butter (But you could use mango or shea or a combination)
1/3 cup beeswax
Essential oil for scent of your choice. (I didn't add any because I got some kick ass fresh cocoa butter from Good Earth and it smells incredible.)



I melted these goodies in a double boiler and then poured them into my silicone mold. The above amount fit perfectly. I don't know why, I'm no mathlete. Heaven smiled on my wretched (and ashy) soul. 

I allowed them to set over night but I made a second batch the next day while waiting on some banana bread to bake and I popped them out within an hour. I am storing them all in a tupperware container in two layers on parchment paper in the freezer until we are ready to use them. 

I have been using one for the past couple days and amazeballs. Yes, just amazeballs. They feel amazing on your lips, too. You could even just use these for that purpose. I'm a fan.

Make some if you wanna. They are fool proof. No lie.

LJ


4 comments:

  1. love this! i'm going to link it now on my valentine diy post.=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you make some and love them! Seriously so easy! :)

      Delete
  2. I love the ones you sent me! :)

    ReplyDelete